Moving Day is now officially Friday 22nd. The observant among you will note that this is exactly one week away. We then get to spend the weekend cleaning the place from top to bottom, followed by an inspection early in the next week.
My to-do list should therefore read something like this:
1. Remove plastic boxes of children's books from my parents' garage. Transfer these books into large cardboard boxes. Store in Grandpa's shed.
2. Pack the books that are currently on my shelves but that I won't be needing in the next few months into the newly-emptied plastic boxes. Store in parents' garage.
(Transfer of books is necessitated by ease of access vs. flood levels. Let me tell you, it's necessary.)
3. Move books that I will be needing/wanting and place in bookcase in new room at parents'.
4. Clear out under bed in new room. Fill space with boxes containing fabric and paper.
5. Move craft boxes to parents'. Bend laws of time and space to fit them in new room.
6. Dismantle shelving units. Store in odd places.
7. Unload chests of drawers. Move to parents'. Find room in odd places. Re-load drawers.
8. Pack wardrobe contents in suitcases. Move to new room. Fit into wardrobe despite wardrobe being half the size. (They'll squash.)
9. Move sofa-bed to Nanna's. Accept inevitability of the attempts that will be made to hang on to it when I need it back.
As of Sunday, this is what it will look like. At the moment, though, it reads:
1. Decide which skirt is going to be 'distressed' for Bellatrix Lestrange costume.
It's a lengthy process.